THE CATALYST STORY
At Catalyst Resources, we design efficient and elegant user interfaces for complex commercial and mission critical software applications. As one of the leading application UI design firms, we have designed and developed more than 450 software applications for market leaders and VC funded organizations including JPMorganChase, Charles Schwab, Reuters, Cisco Systems, and Salesforce.com. We have offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Vancouver, London and Milan.
Our team is looking for a proven, highly experienced application UI designer. Good news for you is this position will allow you to work on or off site with flexible hours. Bad news is we expect you to be available once in a while during business hours for meetings. For a good fit, the position has the potential to move from contract to permanent and/or full time employment. This position maybe able to be done remotely from your location.
- Understand and discern standard UI behavior from comps provided by designer.
- Develop designs into a coded clickable model using WPF and leveraging existing frameworks and UI toolkits.
- Solid understanding of WPF / C# a must, including advanced C# features like LINQ and Generics.
- Solid understanding of MVVM principles and application.
- MVVM framework such as Unity, Caliburn.Micro or MVVM Light and asset.
- Commercial toolkits such as Telerik RadControls or Infragistics NetAdvantage.
- Experience writing modular reusable code.
- Experience with WCF, SQL an asset.
- Experience with code repositories and etiquette, subversion a must, git an asset.
- Be able to hand off and explain delivered code.
- Make well informed technology recommendations.
- Manage client expectations and provide integration support.
- Write “self-documenting” code with judicious use of comments for anything non-standard.
- Be able to explain in clear, thought out terms, the why and what related to code.
- Support client after initial clickable model handoff to integrate work product into their code base and services.
- Understand and follow biweekly work plan, work to committed goals.
- Attend internal and client meetings via web conference.